Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just twittling my thumbs

Hello all.  Pretty soon I will be embarking on another adventure to China.  This time I will be going to China not as a student, but as an English teacher.  I will be teaching conversational English to upper level English major students at Southwest University in Beibei, Chongqing.  Returning to the university that I studied abroad at during college in a way makes me feel like I am returning home.  Since my return from my study abroad I have continued to take Chinese language classes for the past year and a half and I am anxious to use that knowledge in the field.  It will be nice to be able to communicate with the locals right away when I arrive.  During my last visit, I was not so lucky, I pretty much only knew how to say hello "ni hao" when I arrived.

I hope to keep posting my experiences on this blog as often as I can and I hope you enjoy it!  But until then, I will just keep twittling my thumbs until I depart (August 25th).

No comments:

Post a Comment